I have a soft spot for ebooks and informational products. In the past year, I have written and launched 3 ebooks on robbsutton.com (Ramped Reviews – Paid, Ramped Blogging – Free and Ramped Mindset – Free) and I am about to release a massive free ebook on bike198.com titled Ramped Riding. I really believe that having your own products is key to growing your blog and solidifying long-term monetization techniques. They are also the easiest way to build a large amount of credibility and add long-term assets to your blog.
When I asked if I wanted to review Dave Navarro’s “How To Launch The **** Out Of Your Ebook”, I jumped at the chance to see how I could improve my efforts in ebook publishing. Just like any successful blogger, I can always learn something new in the pursuit of fine tuning my skills.
The Idea Behind How To Launch The **** Out Of Your Ebook
As the tagline states – “How to get it done, get it out there and get it sold” – this ebook is aimed at taking you step by step through the ebook process from start to finish. Co-written by both Dave Navarro and Naomi Dunford, the ebook takes you from step one (figuring out if there is a audience that will actually buy all of this work you are about to do) to the final steps of launch and enjoying the fruits of your labor. When you purchase this ebook, you can expect to be taken by the hand all the way through the process…and…if you follow the outline and worksheets, you will end up making your money back from this purchase easily.
What I Liked About The Launching Ebook
The Process – One of the things I liked about this ebook right off the bat was the approach. Dave and Naomi suggest that you make sure there is actually a buying audience before you ever lay down the first word on a page. This attack is something I feel that many bloggers miss in their efforts to release informational products. Most bloggers, write first and research second, and this is the ass backwards way of doing things. As they point out in the ebook, there is a massive amount of work that goes into laying out an ebook, and you do not want to come to the end of the road and find out there is no audience. That can be defeating and discouraging for new publishers.
Differing Opinions – One of the things I really took to heart with Ramped Blogging was realizing that every approach does not work for every blogger, so I included additional viewpoints from other bloggers on the same subject. Dave and Naomi took this a step further and included both of their contrasting approaches in this ebook. What this does is give you two successful options to chose from as you lay out and promote your ebook. I have found that both of their opinions are very successful and they appeal to different types of writers/marketers. Having two successful writing and launch techniques is really a valuable asset to this information product and adds credibility to the information contained within the pages.
You Do Not Have To Own A Massive Blog To Make Money – They point this out very clearly with examples. I think there are a lot of bloggers out there that believe you have to have a massive blog to make a paid ebook worth the time and that is not true at all. This ebook takes you through the specifics of why that is a true fact and shows you how you can be really successful starting at point zero. That’s right…no blog, no ebook…no nothing. You too can have a successful launch and make money off of your informational product even if you have nothing today.
There Is Not Much Competition For This Ebook – There really is not anything else out there that explains ebook launching for the average Joe as well as this ebook does. There is a ton of information packed within the pages of How To Launch The **** Out Of Your Ebook and…if you are really serious about making money off of your informational product…this is the one to pick up.
The Worksheet – Including a worksheet that lays out the process for the reader and creates action steps is genius. This is not the first time this approach has been taking in a step by step ebook, but for a project as large as launching your own ebook, it is invaluable in organizing you attack.
You Have To Have An Email List – Dave and Naomi really drive home the fact that you have to use an email list to have long term success with ebook publishing. Now…that is not limited to ebook publishing and I strongly recommend that every blogger start an email list as soon as possible. Hit up Aweber for the best delivery rates and ease of use.
What I Did Not Like About The Launching Ebook
The Voice – Dave and Naomi are experts in this field, so don’t take this the wrong way, but they have also been known to take a more casual approach to their writing style. If you can’t already tell by the title, you are going to get a little language thrown in the mix and more of a “write as they talk” atmosphere. While many will like the informal nature of the content, some will be slightly put off by it and discount the information due to the overall feel. Discounting the information would be a bad move on the readers part as there is a ton of fantastic content that actually works, so you just need to be aware of that as you dive in.
The Price Is Going To Put Off Some Potential Readers – At $97, this ebook is priced a little bit heavier than a lot of ebooks on the market today, but – what you probably don’t know – it is priced well below its direct competition which gets into a figure that will make you want to run. In all reality, if you do not know much (or just think you know something) about ebook publishing, this ebook will return on the investment. You can expect to make the $97 back plus some by implementing these techniques.
What You Will Find Within The Pages Of This Ebook
I hijacked this list from the landing page, but it will give you an idea of the kind of content to expect. Like I mentioned before…it includes everything you would every need to know about successful ebook publishing.
- How to find out what your market wants – fast
- How to leverage your competition’s weaknesses (and capture their customers)
- How to let readers know why they should buy from you instead of anyone else
- Why the free information available on the web poses zero competition to you and your ebook
- The simplest way to set up an email list (without breaking the bank)
- The most powerful way to boost opt-in for your list (if you’re not doing this, you’re leaving a lot of money on the table)
- The one crucial factor you need to be sure about before you sign up with an email list provider
- How to design a blog that attracts the audience you want (and sells your ebook for you)
- How to make it easy to come up with a stream of target content (and never get stuck for ideas again)
- How to have your blog readers help write your ebook for you
- Exactly which blogs you should guest post on
- The most important thing your guest post needs (miss this, and your efforts are wasted)
- The too-often-neglected strategy that makes it easy to get on a blogger’s radar
- Why blog readers fall into two camps (and why marketing to the second kind is so important)
- How to get inspired to finish your ebook (and kick writer’s block where it hurts)
- 4 ways to rescue yourself when you don’t have enough time to write your ebook
- How to get all the positive reviews for your book you’ll ever need
- The 2 types of people you want to have talking about your ebook (and why each is important to making more sales)
- 5 ways to make “the big bloggers” feel like they owe you when it’s time to do your launch
- The 4-step process for recruiting new affiliates
- 7 key features that turn an “ok” sales page into a high-conversion selling tool
- The 3 important “behind the scenes” strategies you need to be working on before your launch
- 6 simple ways to build up pre-launch buzz
- The specific, step-by-step plan you need to follow to maximize your launch sales (the sequence makes all the difference)
- 5 additional revenue streams you can create using your ebook
How To Launch The Shit Out Of Your Ebook Conclusions
I have been a little bit vague in this review on purpose. I really don’t want to give away any of the core information contained within the pages of “How To Launch The **** Out Of Your Ebook” because Dave and Naomi have done an incredible job at putting this thing together to insure that you are successful with your ebook launch. There are many of the processes within this ebook that I am actually implementing in my own launches and will apply to my free ebooks as well.
One of the fatal mistakes bloggers make…in general…is assuming they know how to do things related to their blogging because they have seen success on their blog. Launching a successful ebook is a different animal, and you can not assume it is going to go smoothly just because you have a couple hundred or couple thousand subscribers. Launching your own ebook can be one of the most successful things you can do for your blog by creating another income stream and building up a massive amount of credibility by releasing a quality product related to your niche.
If you want to make more than $97 dollars from your ebook, I would recommend picking up a copy of “How To Launch The **** Out Of Your Ebook” and get started today. Like 100% of informational products on the net, this ebook is nothing without action on your part, so really take the worksheets and steps to heart if you want to be successful.