Despite what the news media wants to tell you…blogging is not dead. In fact, quality blogs are thriving and bringing in more subscribers and money than ever! As we continue to see blogging evolve and grow, one of the questions I see come across my inbox the most is…
How can I set up my own self-hosted WordPress blog?
While many people can churn out content like there is no tomorrow, the technical aspect of setting up a self hosted blog with your own domain name can be a daunting task for new bloggers. Over the next couple of weeks, I am going to take you step by step through what I believe is the ultimate guide for beginning bloggers looking to setup their first self-hosted WordPress blog. In this series, we are going to cover the following topics.
- Choosing A Topic/Niche To Blog About
- Choosing and Buying the Your Own Domain Name
- Choosing a Web Hosting Company
- How to Install WordPress on that Host
- Choosing a WordPress Theme and How to Make It Unique with Little Funds
- How to Install Feedburner and Google Analytics to Track Traffic and Subscribers
- How to Install the Necessary Plugins for Your WordPress Blog (and which ones those are!)
- Getting the Settings in WordPress Right for Your Blog
- Content Creation and Brainstorming
- How To Promote Your New Blog
- Enjoying Your New Blog’s Success
The best part…there is zero charge for all of this content! When other companies want to charge you $500.00 and more just to complete this task for you, I am going to give you the tools to do it yourself! It is going to be published right here on robbsutton.com so that you too can setup your own WordPress based, self-hosted blog that is ready to take on the world. To organize this content, I have created a special category to make finding these posts even easier as they get pubished…How To Start A Blog.
To catch each of these articles as they hit the screen, sign up for the robbsutton.com RSS feed and stay tuned!